View and Counter View
Developing a counterview is a writing skill topic. It is expected to write its answer in about 120 words. The concept of debates and view/counter-view is similar. Here given thought is opposed by witty and strong arguments. It’s a feast to brain.
Developing View and Counter View
It is the affirmative statement about any topic. It is also called debate for motion. In view all the good points of the statements are given.
Counter view –
It is a negative statement about any topic. It is also called debate against motion. In counterview all the bad points of the topic are given.
Important hints :-
1) Include all relevant points.
2) Put points forcefully.
3) Provide data and statistics to prove points.
4) Give information but don’t preach.
5) Use easy language and correct sentences.
6) Do not offend any person.
7) Do not put forward any political, racial or irrelevant statement.
|Activity No. 1
|Prepare a paragraph to be used for the counter view section on the following topic.
‘Science is a curse to Human Beings’
You can take the help of following points included in the view section.
‘Science is Blessing to Human Beings’
1. Science has helped man to make progress in many areas.
2. Science has given man many facilities.
3. Science increases the efficiency and speed of man.
4. Science made man powerful in this universe.
Counter View: Science is a curse to Human Beings
Science is called a blessing to human beings. But it is not real. In fact, science made man’s life so terrible that it should be called a curse to human beings.
Though science helped man in his progress, it also led man’s life in threat. Weapons like nuclear bomb, pistols, rifles, guns and other armaments become a hazard to human life. The facilities which science provides to man many times makes man idle and lazy. Science increases the speed of work but also results in loss of enjoyment and jobless workers.
The balance of Nature is overthrown by man with the help of science. There is an increase in various kinds of pollution and environmental problems due to science. Man lose his peace of mind and becoming a machine. The development in medicine also led to destruction of female babies before birth. Some medicines also have serious side effects. Seeing all these points it can be said that science is a curse to human being.
Activities for practice-
1) Prepare a paragraph to be used for view section on given counter view topic ‘Entrance Tests are a Burden to Students’.
2) Prepare a paragraph to be used for counter view section for the given view topic ‘Television is good to human beings’.
3) Prepare a paragraph to be used for counter view on the given view topic ‘There should be law to force children to look after their old parents’.
4) Prepare a paragraph to be used for view on the given counter view topic ‘The plight of today’s children in India is worse than what it was in the past’.
5) Prepare a paragraph to be used for the counter view section on the following topic. Money can buy happiness’.
6) Prepare a paragraph to be used for the counter-view section on the topic cell phones are essential to students.
|Prepare a paragraph to be used for view on the given counter view topic ‘One should be not extra ambitious in life.’
1.Extra ambitious nature gives dissatisfaction.
2. It increases tensions and stress.
3. It wastes valuable time.
4. It makes life a machine.
One should be extra ambitious in life
While some argue that one should not be extra ambitious in life gives dissatisfaction. But it’s not true. In fact, fulfillment of extra ambition gives extra joy. If we fail in our attempt, our extra ambition gives us energy to do more hard work. It is also said that excessive ambition can lead to stress and tension in life. But it is essential to recognize the potential benefits of ambition when pursued judiciously.
Ambition serves as a driving force behind personal growth, pushing individuals to set and achieve challenging goals. A moderate level of ambition can inspire creativity, foster resilience, and lead to a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment. Moreover, ambition often fuels innovation and progress in various fields, contributing to societal development. It gives a good chance to utilize our time properly.
It is crucial to strike a balance, emphasizing the importance of realistic goal setting and a healthy work-life balance rather than discouraging ambition altogether. Ultimately, a measured approach to ambition can lead to personal and collective success without sacrificing well-being.